[arch-general] kernel full compilation ?

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Tue Mar 3 13:19:38 UTC 2020

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 4:06 PM Pascal via arch-general <
arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> it's necessary to recompile completely even if the kernel I'm using is the
> same as the one I want to apply a small modification on ?

Yes.

The only small consolation is that once you compile it once and have a
source tree that has been fully built on your system, further small changes
and re-compiles will go much faster because it will figure out _some_ of
the things it doesn't need to do again. I the case of the kernel, it still
won't be fast.

Caleb