[arch-general] How will Arch handle systemd 245 and homed?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri May 8 02:54:20 UTC 2020

All,

  I just read the article about the major change coming to systemd 245 at:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/linux-home-directory-management-is-about-to-undergo-major-change/?ftag=TRE475558a&bhid=12825460&mid=12819432&cid=712355268

What is terrifying is the SSH Problem. 9/10 hosts I interact with I do via
ssh. And do we really need LUKS encrypted volumes for every user's $HOME
directory? Sure for enterprise setups, etc.. but will there be a way to simply
keep a normal unencrypted /home. How would scripts be able to backup certain
work locations from user directories if the user is logged out?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.