[arch-general] Kaffeine failure

pete pg.nikolic1 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 22:41:49 UTC 2020

On Fri, 15 May 2020 21:52:50 +0200
Ralf Mardorf via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've no clue regarding kaffeine and DVB-T.
>
> Regarding the double-click and icon issue it would be helpful to know
> what desktop environment or window manager, what theme and icon theme
> and possible file manager/desktop thingy you are using. If you should
> use Dolphin with or without KDE, then regarding an Internet research the
> double click settings were walking around from one to the other KDE
> settings dialog and when using Dolphin without KDE, there's no settings
> dialog related to mouse click behaviour at all, so a workaround is
> needed.
>
> However, even if an update shouldn't change the mouse click settings,
> consider to take a look at those settings. Google is your friend.
> Regarding the icon issue, if you shouldn't use upstream default themes
> and/or icon themes for GNOMEish and KDEish apps, then for testing
> purpose install themes and icon themes provided by GNOME and KDE
> upstream.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Good evening Ralf

right i am using

KDE Plasma 5.18.5
KDE Framworks 5.70.0
QT 5.14.2
Kernel 5.6.12-arch-1
64 bit

AMD 8 core FX-8370E  cpu
16Gb Ram
VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Hawaii XT /
Grenada XT [Radeon R9 290X/390X]

 i do not use sddm i boot to text console  then  startx ( i prefere it that way
 )
Ok on the mouse click settings yes  i found those but it is set to single
click  so i have set it to double click saved it all  closed the system down
restarted it still double click as you would expect chang back to single click
save no change still double click sojust to make sure rebooted the machine
still double click  most annoying

 hopefully over the next few days my head will realign itself  been a hard few
 weeks mentally and physically

Cheers Pete  .