[arch-general] USB flash installation medium in BIOS machines

Juergen Werner pogojotz at gmx.net
Mon Nov 2 14:50:37 UTC 2020

On 02.11.20 15:17, Łukasz Michalski wrote:
> There should be two separate entries in boot menu for booting in UEFI mode and Legacy BIOS mode.
> What choices do you have if you open boot device menu?

There are only my 2 installed hard drives plus a "USB HDD: ..." option.
I am very positive that this laptop is legacy BIOS only and that it is
somehow wrongly identified as UEFI?

I forgot to mention, that once I confirm one of the UEFI boot options in
the systemd-boot menu, the screen goes black, the fan speed increases
and then stays constant. Nothing happens afterwards and no reaction on
(multiple) ctrl-alt-del. Only a long press of the power button releases
it from its pain.