[arch-general] locked out

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Fri Nov 6 17:54:22 UTC 2020

Nov 6 2020, Fons Adriaensen has written:

> Hello all,
>
> After a full upgrade it seems I'm locked out :-(
Do you have free space on your root partition and/or whereever /tmp is
mounted on? I had a few issues a couple of times, especially with the
extra storage of new package files. Though even then, I think, I could
log into the system in emergency one-terminal mode.

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

> The system boots normally, and shows the xdm login screen.
> But my password is not accepted. Same in a tty, also for
> root.
>
> I can boot using an installation stick, mount all partitions
> under /mnt as during installation, and do an arch-chroot /mnt
>
> I reset my password and the root password in that environment,
> but that didn't help. After a normal boot I'm still locked out.
>
> Any hints to solve this will be much appreciated !
>
> --
> FA

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

'Cause living in a dream of you and me