[arch-general] Firefox slowness

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Thu Nov 12 20:27:48 UTC 2020

On 11/12/20 12:50 PM, LuKaRo wrote:
> On 12.11.20 18:46, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
>>
>> I'm guessing this must be something having to do
>> with Firefox 82 though.
>
> I'm also on 82.0.3 already, without noticing problems. So I'd really recommend checking with a clean profile :)

Thanks for the feedback.

After a big more research, it looks like there were a couple of tabs
that I had open that were sending/receiving data in the background
(and/or had some advertising code running on them) that were hogging
CPU.  When I closed those down things quieted down.

That said, these are the same tabs/sites that I've been using every day
for months now, so I still think something changed - either in the FF 82
software, or in the web pages themselves - to cause the CPU spikes.

I'll also look into the possibility of using a new profile when I have
some time.  But unfortunately that's something that would take some time
to do, as I have a lot in my current profile that I don't want to lose.
(Open tabs, bookmarks, etc.)

Thanks,

DR