[arch-general] Missing sys_siglist declaration

Hauke Fath hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Oct 1 19:28:50 UTC 2020

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 13:57:09 -0400, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:
> From the glibc 2.32 release notes:
>
> Deprecated and removed features, and other changes affecting compatibility:
> [...]
> * The deprecated arrays sys_siglist, _sys_siglist, and sys_sigabbrev
>   are no longer available to newly linked binaries, and their declarations
>   have been removed from <string.h>.  They are exported solely as
>   compatibility symbols to support old binaries.  All programs should use
>   strsignal instead.

https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commitdiff;h=b1ccfc061feee9ce616444ded8e1cd5acf9fa97f

Thanks! I'll look into that. As I said, the strsignal(3) man page still
refers to sys_siglist, so that would need updating.

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344