[arch-general] Belated Arch-Conf pacman improvement suggestion

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Oct 11 23:47:51 UTC 2020

Allan,

  While the pacman part of the conference is over, I just ran into an issue
that would fit the pacman improvement segment.

  When updating, if on the first repo, the first mirror selected times-out,
then mark that repo failed for the remaining repo checks so you don't sit
through two more timeouts on a repo that is known failed at that point.

  If arch.mirror.constant.com was down yesterday, I could have made the segment :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.