[arch-general] Any arch-general changes since 9/24 -- I get no messages (but I see my messages in the archive)?

Jens John lists at 2ion.de
Wed Oct 14 14:34:29 UTC 2020

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020, at 00:41, David C. Rankin wrote:
>   I see other messages in https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/
> as well as the pacman suggestion I sent, but I get nothing on my end.
> Suddenlink ISP issue?

If your messages are accepted by the mailing list's SMTP server, which is why they appear in the archive and you are not getting bounces, but are not going through in the reverse direction, your hoster's SMTP server is likely bouncing email from the Arch servers, probably due to their IP addresses or -blocks being on a DNSBL. Would it be greylisting instead of blacklisting, you should have received something, albeit with some delay.

orion.archlinux.org is on at least 1 DNSBL. I think in the past they only used luna to send email -- it could be that orion is new, and it is on a DNSBL, so some issues might have appeared. I see luna disappearing as the email relay some time in July this year, but my local archives could be incomplete.

Options are:

 * Contact your email hoster and get the low quality DNSBL removed or adjusted.
 * Get the Arch IPs removed from relevant DNSBLs. Usually something the server/IP range owner should be doing.
 * Switch to an email hoster that gives you more control, or which has better operations.