[arch-general] Applet to change audio output device

u34 at net9.ga u34 at net9.ga
Sun Oct 18 14:33:51 UTC 2020

David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net> wrote:

> On 10/17/20 7:33 AM, J??rg Jellissen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is for the gnome desktop an applet available for quick change my audio
> > output device?
>
> > is there a solution for alsa or pulse?
>
> Maybe the pulseaudio-plugin for the status bar/panel?  I don't use
> gnome, but I use that plugin under XFCE and it has an output device
> switcher in it.
>
> DR

As was pointed out earlier, perhaps it would be better if the original poster
tells us what his expectations are.
Even though I don't know what he is using now, I do believe it sums up to a few
mouse clicks and keybaord presses. Is there a solution which doesn't sum to that?
It could be that he has accessibility issues. Or that he is using old hardware.
Or that his current solution interfere with the actual application. Perhaps he
is looking for a speech recognition solution.
I do think it might help if he will be more specific.