[arch-general] Problem formatting/initialising new WD GameDrive USB disk

LuKaRo lists at lrose.de
Thu Oct 29 18:23:05 UTC 2020

On 10/29/20 12:49 PM, Jeanette C. via arch-general wrote:
> Oct 29 2020, Ralph Corderoy has written:
>> Being USB, is it connected directly to the PC or strung out on a hub?
> I have tried both.
>> Is it definitely getting sufficient power?
> It coems with its own power supply.

Do you have access to a different system for testing? Have you tried
different USB cables, maybe the one supplied by the manufacturer is
faulty? I'm using lots of external USB drives with Arch Linux from
multiple vendors, including Western Digital. I never had such problems
on a new drive, though.

Regards,
LuKaRo