[arch-general] brltty - Detected unsafe path transition /etc → /etc/brlapi.key Howto Fix?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Sep 5 20:44:38 UTC 2020

All,

  On system update, I get the following related to the brltty[1] package:

(2/7) Creating temporary files...
Detected unsafe path transition /etc → /etc/brlapi.key during canonicalization
of /etc/brlapi.key.
error: command failed to execute correctly

Apparently this package was installed as a dependency of qemu.

  I generally do not want to ignore errors on update, so how do I fix this
problem? The package was updated August 29, but the issue continues. Should I
just delete the key and let qemu start over with a new one in a new location?
Checked https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/QEMU, but nothing noted.

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/brltty/

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.