[arch-general] [off-topic] Korganizer: get ics webcals periodically sync (can be read only)

Javier j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 00:28:00 UTC 2020

Hi !

Sorry for being a bit off-topic, however there might be Kontact Arch users that can help me out answering a question about Korganizer, from the Kontact suite.

See when I tried using Korganizer, I could add caldav calendars, and I also could add ics online web calendars, however it seems the only way to add such calendar is treating them as static calendars, meaning they get added, but can't be periodically sync, which is what I'm looking for, since I access as read only my office calendar from office365, which requires pretty frequent syncs, and I also access astronomy events calendars and holidays calendars, which all evolve over time.  Examples (excluding the office one):

https://cantonbecker.com/astronomy-calendar-files/astrocal.ics
https://www.officeholidays.com/ics/ics_country_code.php?iso=US
https://www.officeholidays.com/ics/ics_country_code.php?iso=CR

When adding those ics calendar as ical files (the only way I found to add them), I got sad warnings:

> Select the file whose contents should be represented by this resource. If the file does not exist, it will be created. A URL of a remote file can also be specified, but note that monitoring for file changes will not work in this case.

I'm assuming no monitoring means no syncing at all, :(  Isn't there a way to add such calendars, but keeping them doing periodic syncs, hopefully with individual periods each (more frequent for the office one, and less frequent for the other ones).

Thanks !

--
Javier