[arch-general] [off-topic] Alternative to Thunderbird, with GPG support, caldav + cardav support, and ics remote webcal support and syncing

Javier j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 22:24:58 UTC 2020

On 9/11/20 4:01 PM, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:
> On 9/11/20 5:51 PM, Javier via arch-general wrote:
>>> Note that Thunderbird still does support the GPG keyring for your
>>> private key material via a config option.
>>>

>> According to these:
>>
>> https://blog.thunderbird.net/2020/09/openpgp-in-thunderbird-78
>> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/openpgp-thunderbird-howto-and-faq
>>
>>  Only for private key operations, so not the GPG keyring for public
>> keys. [...]
>
> Yes, that is why my message literally said "for your private key material".
>
> My point was that this might be good enough for you; it is good enough
> for some people.

Sorry for the confusion.  Then yes, I was aware.  Just that I like the integration with GPG, its keyring, its agent, and not just some level of it for private keys, neither what Thunderbird ended up selecting to support PGP moving forward.  I do understand the change might be OK for some, or even be consider much better than using GPG by some as well, if not all, but I'd really like to move away from Thunderbird.  It's just hard finding options...

Thanks !

--
Javier