[arch-general] pam_faillock -- can we just remove it from /etc/pam.d/login?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Sep 12 09:47:52 UTC 2020

On 9/12/20 1:48 AM, Jan Alexander Steffens wrote:
> Succeeding even once should clear the log of failures, thus giving you
> another three attempts. This seems reasonable to me. Is this not
> working as advertised?

I didn't lock the box to check. I was going though faillock.conf to determine
if it would allow some setting that would do just that. (the notes didn't
indicate a clearing on success). If it works that way, then it would be fine.

I have had times when I am using sudo heavily (several times a minute) and if
the fails were cumulative over the default period that would be a problem.

I'll check that this works on a local box, I didn't want to risk a test on a
remote box.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.