[arch-general] aom upgrade brakes funktionality of several video applications

Friedrich Strohmaier damokles4-listen at bits-fritz.de
Sun Apr 11 14:16:03 UTC 2021

Hi archers,

after one of the last upgrades aom was upgraded to version 3.0.0 several
applications stopped working (properly).

I'm not able to play videos in my firefox browser (ok. this one ist from
mozilla).

chromium and jami not starting at all, gnome-mplayer stops playing videos,
handbrake is complains not finding gstreamer plugin for h264 and so forth.
Downgrading to version 2.0.2 makes everything running as expected.

Anyone else seeing alike?

I filed a bug:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=70411
which was closed immediately.

Reason: Not a bug
Additional comments about closing:  Use the forums or mailing lists for support

How to proceed?
--
Friedrich