[arch-general] Nvidia, fuck you again

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Mon Dec 6 13:26:14 UTC 2021

Em dezembro 6, 2021 9:09 Iyán Méndez Veiga via arch-general escreveu:
> Hi Giancarlo,
>
> On Monday 6 December 2021 13:00:37 CET Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-general
> wrote:
>> You should probably do early loading [0]. Also, let's be respectful.
>>
>> [0] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/NVIDIA#Early_loading
>
> I've always done early loading, but still 495.44 is broken right now for me.
> At least with KDE Plasma.
>
> Cheers,
> Iyán
>
> --
> Iyán Méndez Veiga
> GPG 0x422E3694311E5AC1

The only way for nvidia to not be loaded if you're doing early loading, is if your
nvidia modules are not on the initramfs in the first place, or old ones are there,
which can't be loaded to a new kernel.

All of this is easy to find out and fix. You can probably fix both by having a pacman hook
to re-create the initramfs when only the nvidia module is updated.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini