[arch-general] Strange and annoying causing issues

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon Dec 20 16:12:22 UTC 2021

On 12/20/21 3:51 AM, Bjoern Franke via arch-general wrote:
> At least I'm getting xfs filesystem being remounted at
> /run/systemd/unit-root/var/tmp supports timestamps until 2038
> (0x7fffffff) also on 5.15.x
>
> Kind Regards
> Bjoern

That's a different message.  That means that your filesystem is *not*
using the bigtime feature, and so will experience an issue with dates
further forward than 2038.  (See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem)

To switch the xfs file system to use bigtime, see the instructions here:
  https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/XFS#Big_timestamps  (Note that the
file system has to be unmounted when you make the conversion.)

DR