[arch-general] [arch-announce] Moving to Zstandard images by default on mkinitcpio

Kevin Morris kevr at 0cost.org
Mon Feb 22 01:12:20 UTC 2021

A 10 second improvement is _large_. You may think that you don't need it
because you're sitting at your computer, but think about servers, vms,
automated systems... Every second makes things quicker. Moving from 20
seconds to 10 seconds is halving its boot time.

That is a good thing.

--
Kevin Morris