[arch-general] PAM 1.3.1 -> 1.5.1 did pam_tally get removed?

Anton Hvornum anton at hvornum.se
Mon Feb 22 11:07:43 UTC 2021

Hi.

This might be suited for the newbie corner, but I'm testing my luck
with the mailing list for the first time. I can't remember if I've
added the following to /etc/pam.d/system-login or not:

auth       required   pam_tally2.so        onerr=succeed file=/var/log/tallylog

The reason why I'm asking is because after a system upgrade, that line
has now disappeared. And I did not see anything on the archlinux
bulletin board about a pam change.

The tally logs still appear to update however, just not through the
system-login config.

Best wishes:
Anton Hvornum