[arch-general] intel gpu hang

Vasi Vilvoiu vasi.vilvoiu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 08:31:02 UTC 2021

On 1/8/21 3:17 AM, LuKaRo via arch-general wrote:
> On 06.01.21 04:41, Ralf Mardorf via arch-general wrote:
>> On Wed, 2021-01-06 at 03:26 +0330, Muhamad Moghadam wrote:
>>> Hi Everybody,I have a pc with intel gpu and run it on fedora, but
>>> intel gpu will be hang with fedora kernel. if i will install arch,
>>> will my problem be solved?
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can't answer your question. At least I run into trouble with current
>> Arch Linux kernels, so I stay with 4.19 rt-patched kernels, since later
>> 5.x kernels (with or without the rt-patch) cause issues on my Intel
>> machine. [...]
>
> I can only speak for myself as well, but I'm running Arch Linux quite successfully on several Notebook computers with different Intel graphics models. So as always: There's no guarantee, you're only going to find it out by trying it yourself.
>
> Regards,
> LuKaRo

To add to the above, I too have no issues with one of my notebooks
running Arch over Intel graphics.

That being said, I've had intermittent hangs in the past which initially
seemed were due to the nvidia graphics driver, but got fixed by a
motherboard firmware update (i.e. BIOS).

Unfortunately I wasn't able to trace the issue further, but it's
something you may want to try.

--
Best regards,
Vasi Vilvoiu