[arch-general] [RFC] Potentially deprecating primus, bumblebee, virtualGL and primus_vk

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 20:45:17 UTC 2021

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 at 18:24, Archange <archange at archlinux.org> wrote:

> OK, will try to check tomorrow with a friend that has an Optimus laptop.

Perfect, thanks in advance.

To trigger the event one has to echo into a sysfs file... Don't recall
exactly, some of the following should be it.
a) If the nvidia module is driving an fbcon:
 - echo "0" > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtconX/bind
b) and/or a combination of the following
 - echo "remove" (or was it "unbind") > /sys/class/drm/cardX/device/uevent
 - echo "remove" (or was it "unbind") >
/sys/class/drm/cardX/device/driver/uevent
 - echo "1" > /sys/class/drm/cardX/device/driver/unbind

> By transport, I mean use of PRIME offloading vs primus calls
> interception or VirtualGL transport.

Didn't think that by transport you meant PRIME - silly me.

Thanks
Emil