[arch-general] Configure default bluetooth profile in PulseAudio?

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 09:05:51 UTC 2021

Dear all,

is it possible to define the default BT profile used when a headset connects to my system?

Currently I have to switch from A2DP to HSP/HFP every time I turn the headset on.
As I'm mostly using the headset as headset (for webconfs), not headphones, I'd like to change that behavior.

I found this article [1] but that seems to automatically switch BT profiles based on the requirements. I don't want that
behavior as I prefer static configurations (I want my music to always come from the speaker boxes regardless of whether
headphones are available.) Although I will try this out later-on.

Any hints?

Thanks,

	Uwe

[1] https://askubuntu.com/questions/1248886/how-to-set-default-profile-for-bluetooth-headset