[arch-general] On arch-dev-public: Chromium losing Sync support on March 15

u34 at net9.ga u34 at net9.ga
Wed Jan 20 00:22:03 UTC 2021

There is a heads-up discussion at https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2021-January/030260.html .

1. Is it worth asking help from some free software org, since the problem
   is shared by other distributions? Perhaps google will agree to work
   with that org, as a representative of the distributions. Or,that a single
   distribtion will represent the other?
2. I hardly use chromium. Yet, few gov sites here mandate using it. At
   rare circumstancess, I have to deal with these gov sites. In short, I
   hardly knows, and don't care, about its Sync feature.
   2.1 Can the package built, and run, without whatever is required for
       the Sync feature?
   2.2 In case you will stop maintaining it and no one adopts it, can you
       upload it to the AUR, and disown it?

--
u34