[arch-general] dracut roll-out plan?

ProgAndy admin at progandy.de
Sun Jan 24 15:42:37 UTC 2021

Am 24.01.21 um 15:51 schrieb Eli Schwartz via arch-general:
>> Furthermore neither the wiki [1] not the man page [2] is a mention on
>> the HOOKS [3] that mkinitcpio uses. Is there something similar for
>> dracut or it's not required For example: will it automatically execute
>> `btrfs device scan` as the `btrfs` HOOK would do in mkinitcpio?
>
> I dunno, try it and see? Though my understanding is, dracut is less
> configurable and far more automatic probe-y. Chances are if it detects
> a btrfs filesystem of any sort, it will assume you need to probe for
> multi-device btrfs volumes at boot, and do so without asking or being
> configured.

I have never used dracut, but it has modules similar to mkinitcpio
hooks. I guess the modules contain more automagic so you don't have to
manually enable/disable them. If you want, you can limit the modules to
include, though. If functionality is missing you will need to write a
dracut module instead of a mkinitcpio hook.

https://man.archlinux.org/man/extra/dracut/dracut.conf.5.en

--
Andy