[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Chromium losing Sync support on March 15

Geo Kozey geokozey at mailfence.com
Tue Jan 26 23:05:21 UTC 2021

This is mostly pessimistic speculation. There are still 6 weeks ahead
before anything changes at all. After that it's still possible that
only the sync will be lost. IMO dropping package should be the last
option used only when no other one is left on table and all bad
scenarios were realized for sure (assuming there is still someone in
Arch team wanting to maintain it - if not then everything may be over
right now).

I think fedora rush to break all users overnight while the 'evil google'
gave them couple of weeks to look around isn't best example to follow.

Yours sincerely

G. K.