[arch-general] dracut roll-out plan?

Leonidas Spyropoulos artafinde at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:55:01 UTC 2021

On 26/01/21, Maksim Fomin via arch-general wrote:
> I have switched to dracut more than a year ago (approximately when announcement was made in mailing list) and I can tell that dracut works fine. I consider dracut modules are somewhat more flexible than mkinitcpio, every specific configutation which I did in mkinitcpio was doable with dracut. If someone asks my opinion, I would recommend dracut.

After looking up the original anouncement in mailing list and wiki /
this thread I setup dracut in parallel with mkinitcpio (for now)
generating images with '-dracut' suffix though a pacman hook. It seems
to be working ok with minimal configuration as others suggested.

Anyone found a way to re-generate the images using dracut for all
installed kernels, similar to

  mkinitcpio -P

I assume no since the mkinitcpio is getting this information from
presets located in /etc/mkinitcpio.d but maybe something automagically
discovered since dracut is all about discovery.

--
Leonidas Spyropoulos

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?