[arch-general] google-chrome/chromium and youtube "app"?

Andy Pieters arch-general at andypieters.me.uk
Mon Jul 12 15:20:26 UTC 2021

Hi all

Every so often, when a notification pops up from youtube and I click on it
in the plasma's notification area, a separate youtube player window opens.

This separate window looks like a chrome app.

However, I cannot find this app in my list of chrome apps.

No youtube extension or youtube app or similarly named stuff to be found.

I find it difficult to get information about in search because of the
generic keywords.

Anybody know any thing of this and how to disable it?

Many thanks

Andy "Aethalides" Pieters