[arch-general] [aur] cctag build error

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Sat Jul 31 14:47:57 UTC 2021

NOTE: Moving discussion to aur-general - please don't reply on arch-general.

Am 31.07.21 um 12:39 schrieb Ralf Mardorf via arch-general:
> On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 12:09:37 +0200, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
>>   Unknown CMake command "CUDA_ADD_LIBRARY".
>>
>> How can I fix this?
> Hi,
>
> the very first thing to do by yourself, before even posting to an
> appropriate mailing list, is trying to build without an AUR helper.
>
> Since you get a CUDA related error mesage, you probably should mention
> what environment variables you used.
>
> "CUDA_ARCH=x.y to build for specific GPU architecture ( Supports:
> single arch (5.2) the list of archs (5.2;6.0), arch name (Maxwell) or
> auto (Auto) )
>
> DISABLE_CUDA Build without cuda support" -
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cctag/#pinned-818726
>
> My guess is, that there is a reason for the pinned comment.
>
> Taking a look at the mailing list archive you frequently sent AUR
> related requests. Actually I don't know if those requests belong to
> https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/aur-general , but it's likely more
> appropriate than this mailing list is.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
Thank You for Your answer!

I rarely get build errors, even with AUR packages - with the exception
of alice-vision and its dependendencies -, so I'm not much used to
handle such problems (the disadvantage of a stable system ;-) ). And I'm
no C programmer, which makes it difficult for me to fix cmake related
errors myself - I can only try to track problems until some level of
complexity. In this case I thought the makefile would miss some dependency.

As I'm using the nouveau driver instead of nvidia's, I'm pretty sure
there's no CUDA support (but I'll not render complex graphics often, so
some more processing time won't hurt). However, I plan to setup my Linux
installation by the end of the year, so some modules and parameters may
change in the future.

I've added the following two lines between "# Maintainer" and
"#Configuration" at the top of PKGBUILD:
DISABLE_CUDA=1
ENABLE_APPS=1

Now I get a missing dependency for devil2. Without "ENABLE_APPS" I get
the following error (among some others, but this is probably the cause
for the others):
CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-3.21/Modules/WriteBasicConfigVersionFile.cmake:43
(message):
   No VERSION specified for WRITE_BASIC_CONFIG_VERSION_FILE()

Kind regards,
Peter