[arch-general] System Freeze on sleep

Prateek Sadhukhan psadhukh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 01:58:36 UTC 2021

Thank you for all the ideas. The issue is now solved.

This is somehow caused by the ath10k_pci wireless driver. On my Dell Vostro
laptop this is a known issue (Arch Wiki), that after resume wireless connection
fails and I have to reload the module. In my case looks like it was causing resume
from sleep to fail altogether.

I added a systemd hook to remove this module when going to sleep and re-adding it
when resuming. This seems to hold good so far.

Regards,
Prateek