[arch-general] archlinux.org/pacman/pacman.conf.5.html from Aug-2019

2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com
Thu Jun 3 18:23:13 UTC 2021

On 2021-06-03 at 14:00:08 -0400,
David Rosenstrauch via arch-general <arch-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 6/3/21 1:09 PM, David C. Rankin via arch-general wrote:
> > I did all 3 updates from different tabs in the same konsole (KDE), so the
> > terminal is VT100 compatible. It really looked like there was a bad ANSI
> > escape somewhere. It was night/day different than the last time I updated and
> > I've probably update each of these boxes of 1000 times during the past 10
> > years or so.
>
> My guess would be that the old (KDE Trinity) version of konsole that you're
> using doesn't support some modern feature of terminals.

FWIW, I use xterm (currently at version 367), and I also noticed a
difference in the output after the recent pacman upgrade.  I haven't
seen the level of disruption reported in this thread, but I'm pretty
sure that I didn't see the "total" bandwidth/time output until the
downloads were complete before, either.  There's an extra blank line
after that total line, too, instead of whatever is being downloaded
showing progress on the very last line of the xterm window.

(I figured it was a small improvement to see that line during the
downloads, and let it go at that.  No, I have no physical evidence of
the change, only my recollection.)