[arch-general] archlinux.org/pacman/pacman.conf.5.html from Aug-2019

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 21:50:21 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 10:13 PM David Rosenstrauch via arch-general <
arch-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 6/7/21 3:49 PM, David C. Rankin via arch-general wrote:
> > I'll just live with it until I have time to dig into the pacman source
> and
> > find out what this supposed "new feature" is that screws up old
> terminals.
>
> Or you could just switch to a modern terminal app!  :-)
>
> DR

It works fine in konsole - but not in qterninal.  I have put in an 'issue'
report upstream for qterminal but it has not been acted upon yet. So I am
happy using konsole.  I guess that in time the necessary escapes will be
fixed in those terminal emulators where it fails. The easiest 'solution' as
has been mentioned is to use a terminal application where it does work.

--
mike c