[arch-general] Firefox dropping support for OTB fonts as well?

Javier je-vv at e.email
Wed Jun 9 20:34:25 UTC 2021

On 6/9/21 12:52 PM, Samir Nassar via arch-general wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  From https://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2019/05/25/pango-future-directions/ "Using Harfbuzz for font loading means that we will lose support for bitmap and type1 fonts. We think this is an acceptable trade-off, but others might disagree."

I understood that, that's why I moved to Terminus OTP instead of Terminus bitmap.  Open Type fonts are supported by harfbuzz, and what I see right now is that Terminus OTP is not working on Firefox, :(  And  BTW, the terminus-fonts package merged with the terminus-otp one, and for some time it's been providing both, OTP and bitmaps fonts...

So, even OTPs are not supported now?

--
Javier