[arch-general] [OT] changing ripped music metadata from freeDB to MusicBrainz

brent s. bts at square-r00t.net
Sun Jun 13 06:13:58 UTC 2021

On 6/12/21 23:44, Javier via arch-general wrote:
> Hi !

Howdy!

> I'm wondering if there's a way to repopulate all of it
> (and more, like composer information) with MusicBrainz gathered metadata
> instead.  Is there a tool which would allow me to do the conversion?

For ogg? I don't think there is. There is picard[0], which seems to do
*almost* everything you want to do, but I'm not sure if it supports ogg
or not. FWIW, picard is in the [community] repo but I've never used it
so YMMV.

I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to script something up in Python or
write something in Golang; Musicbrainz does apparently have an API[1].
I'm not sure that they would let you look a track up by length via the
API, though.

[0] https://github.com/metabrainz/picard
[1] https://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_API

--