[arch-general] [OT] changing ripped music metadata from freeDB to MusicBrainz

Óscar García Amor ogarcia at moire.org
Sun Jun 13 08:50:44 UTC 2021

arch-general at lists.archlinux.org <mailto:arch-general at lists.archlinux.org>>
wrote:

> >     Hi !
> >
> > Hey,
> >

> >     I have several [...]
> >

> > For all things related to tagging and sorting, you want to use beets.
It's in the repo and it has good documentation on its site. I've used it
recently to tag and sort about 8TB of music and it's just awesome.

> Thanks !  I'll also take a look.
>
> --
> Javier

+1 beets[1][2] is the best thing for working with music files, from tagging
to renaming, querying, etc.

As beets config can be tedious, you can use mine, it works by importing
your music files from anywhere and copy them to `~/Music` folder. So this
leaves the original files untouched.
```
directory: ~/Music
import:
    write: yes
    copy: yes
    from_scratch: yes
id3v23: yes

per_disc_numbering: yes
paths:
    disctotal:2..: $albumartist/$album%aunique{}/%right{$disc,1}-$track
$title

plugins: fetchart embedart lyrics lastgenre scrub web zero
embedart:
    auto: yes
fetchart:
    minwidth: 600