[arch-general] Anki (community) is likely abandoned

George Rawlinson grawlinson at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 23 08:05:57 UTC 2021

On 21-06-21 18:33, AlexApps via arch-general wrote:
> I emailed both maintainers 10 days ago, reminding them the package has been
> out of date for 184 days, is 9 versions out of date, and has an outdated
> upstream URL.
> I got no response.
> This lack of response, combined with the mentioned lack of updates,
> indicates the package is abandoned.

Every member of Arch Linux is a volunteer. Anki is one of these packages
that is not packager-friendly. Since the last time it was packages, it
has removed Makefiles entirely and now uses Bazel.

Repology[0] says that only repositories that distribute the latest
version (2.1.44) use the pre-built binary, which isn't what Arch is
about.

If you really want to see the latest version in the community
repository, we are always receptive to patches via email.

> Sorry if this is the wrong mailing list, I made a bug report, and I was
> then told to use the mailing list.
>
> https://archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/anki/

The bug tracker is for bugs, not for out of date packages.

[0]: https://repology.org/project/anki/versions

--
George Rawlinson