[arch-general] when keys are not updated

Jonas Witschel diabonas at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 23 15:55:22 UTC 2021

On 2021-06-23 16:46, Andy Pieters via arch-general wrote:
> I don't think that's even necessary anymore as pacman will prompt to
> install missing keys

Indeed, pacman automatically attempts to download missing keys from our Web Key
Directory (WKD). There were some issues with the WKD that prevented it from
working as expected [1,2], but these have been resolved today. Therefore we
should hopefully see less support requests regarding new packager keys as these
should be now be downloaded automatically again without the need to manually
install the new keyring first.

Best,
Jonas

[1] https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/wkd/-/merge_requests/3