[arch-general] liboping removed ?

Olivier Langlois olivier at olivierlanglois.net
Mon Jun 28 17:43:54 UTC 2021

When a package is removed, what does happen to its PKGFILE? Is it
archived somewhere?

It seems like liboping hasn't changed for years so it must not be that
complicated to build it occasionally when a new compiler is released...

pacman was complaining about its Perl modules that wouldn't be used by
the latest Perl interpreter... That was not a big concern to me since I
am using liboping from a C program...

Bottomline, hopefully the PKGFILE is still available somewhere so that
someone can move it in AUR...