[arch-general] definition of "orphan"

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 16 18:03:32 UTC 2021

On 3/16/21 1:19 PM, Matthias Bodenbinder via arch-general wrote:
> Am Dienstag, dem 16.03.2021 um 12:47 -0300 schrieb Giancarlo Razzolini
> via arch-general:
>> The projects involved here, pacman, archweb and aurweb are all
>> open source and can receive patches.
>
> I would suggest that the Arch community agrees on the topic first
> before starting multiple parallel discussions within sub communities of
> developers of tools.
>
> With a community agreement as a backup it is much easier to create
> change requests for the individual tools.

I believe the suggestion was, with a change request that includes a
working code implementation, people are more likely to care.

It's not just a documentation change, e.g. the AUR and the archweb
website would need various code changes including renaming part of the
database schema, changing the search API, etc.

Do you know how much work it might take to change this? Do you know how
much API might potentially be broken by such a change?

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User