[arch-general] Arch intallation using usb-modem

Andreas Bosch admin at progandy.de
Wed Mar 17 11:32:04 UTC 2021

Am 17.03.21 um 11:32 schrieb Morten Bo Johansen via arch-general:
> It seems that usb_modeswitch is not activated during the
> arch_boot installation, so I am looking at that and then I must
> see if I can get wvdial to work. It is a bit of a hassle with
> no guarantee of success, so if you have any other suggestions,
> I am all ears.

The Huawei E3372 might automatically use the cdc_ether driver (hilink).
Does it appear as a network device like "wwp..."? Then make sure the
interface is up with DHCP and try to open its configuration page with lynx.
The modem ip should be the gateway ip set by dhcp, often 192.168.8.1

There is also an API available to control hilink devices.
I found a tool, but it is not available as an arch package:
https://github.com/kenshaw/hilink

For libmbim you could manually download, copy and install these packages:

libgudev
libmbim

If you want modemmanager, then it would be

libgudev
libmbim
libmm-glib
libqmi