[arch-general] Arch intallation using usb-modem

u34 at net9.ga u34 at net9.ga
Wed Mar 17 12:51:11 UTC 2021

Bjoern Franke via arch-general <arch-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > The Huawei E3372 might automatically use the cdc_ether driver (hilink).
> > Does it appear as a network device like "wwp..."? Then make sure the
> > interface is up with DHCP and try to open its configuration page with lynx.
> > The modem ip should be the gateway ip set by dhcp, often 192.168.8.1
> >

> I had several issues with Huawei devices which only went into cdc_ether
> mode after running usb_modeswitch. So it's somehow an chicken-and-egg
> problem.
>
> Regards
> Bjoern

I think that a work around is to set up a temporary storage. And have the
usb_modeswitch, with all its dependencies, downloaded into it. Some
archlinux live systems might already doing that, so you might want to
consider installing with them. The wiki derivatives article can help you
find one.

--
u34