[arch-general] Laptop's webcam gets blocked randomly

riveravaldez riveravaldezmail at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 15:33:30 UTC 2021

On 3/8/21, Björn Seifert via arch-general
<arch-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same laptop.

Hi, Björn, could you confirm if you have installed the xf86-video-intel driver?

Because I'm under the suspicion that maybe the issue comes from it.
Being testing for a while without it installed and the problem seems
to disappear.

I'm interested in confirm this because I also tested that with that Intel driver
installed the performance in video-calls is a little superior (less CPU work and
less Tº in the iGPU; the NVIDIA dGPU I have turned OFF at the moment).
Maybe this can be diagnose and reported and maybe fixed?

Thanks a lot!