[arch-general] Laptop's webcam gets blocked randomly

Björn Seifert seifert at oern.de
Mon Mar 22 15:41:42 UTC 2021

Am 2021-03-21 17:53, schrieb riveravaldez via arch-general:

> your solution seems to work also here!
>
> I'm deeply thankful. You saved me in the middle of a job.
>
> How do you discover that fix?, and do you have any idea why this
> happens and how that flashlight-action works?

Nice to hear that I could help you!

I honestly don't know how I discovered that fix. I think my first guess
was the
image was just extremely underexposed.
Still I think that there is a problem with the exposure automatic and it
just
needs a strong "push".

> Right now this seems kind of a webcam-hardware issue, that gets
> incidentally solved (at least for the moment) rapidly exposing the
> webcam to an intense light (like the mobile phones flashlight) in the
> precise moment it's needed to be used (and appearing as blocked).

At the moment I cannot test further as I installed Linux Mint on the
laptop
for my wife's remote teaching. I had told her what could happen with the
camera and how to fix it, but as it seems she only faceed the problem
once when
it was too dark in her office turning on the light was enough to
activate the cam.