[arch-general] KDE - QjackCtl crashes after latest updates

Susanne Schneider suseguitar at mailbox.org
Tue Mar 23 12:57:59 UTC 2021

yesterday I ran into some trouble after updating my Archlinux (doing
this at least 2 times a week):
I startet the jackserver via QjackCtl, changed to the
neighbour-workspace to start Ardour, and when I went back to QjackCtl it
had crashed, I needed to kill both processes jack and qjackctl from
commandline.
Hours of investigation later (lol) I noticed, that with fresh
installation of Qjackctl the package "qt6-wayland" is pointed out as
"optional dependency" in installation log.
On my system this package turned out to be mandatory, because after
having installed this package my QjackCtl went back to regular behaviour.
Now I ask myself: am I the only one running into this trap and wouldn't
it be a good idea to make qt6-wayland mandatory for QjackCtl?
best
suse