[arch-general] How to enable Archlinux users to easily avoid Polkit?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat May 29 14:25:47 UTC 2021

Hi,

I build empty dummy packages to fulfil dependencies related to gvfs and
pulseaudio, since I don't need gvfs and pulseaudio and I don't want to
suffer from all the issues that gvfs and pulseaudio do cause for my
computer usage. Use a high value for epoch and/or pkgver. I for example
build with "Version" 2013.08.18-1 in 2013 and since then never run into
another issue, other than the need to build an empty dummy package for
pulseaudio-bluetooth in 2017, when pulseaudio-bluetooth enforced a
dedicated version of pulseaudio, as hard dependency. Non of the software
that has got gvfs or pulseaudio as a hard dependency, ever failed for my
needs in probably way more than just 8 years.

Regards,
Ralf