[arch-general] System Freeze on sleep

Prateek Sadhukhan psadhukh at gmail.com
Sat May 29 18:23:44 UTC 2021

Hello All,

After upgrading to the new kernel I see that my system freezes when
I try to resume from sleep. This happens intermittently but frequent enough
to be irritating. I have to reboot the system to recover.

I am running kernel 5.12.7-arch1-1

The issue was not seen with kernel 5.11.

I am running arch on btrfs and I suspect it is a btrfs issue somehow. When I
check dmesg (journactl --dmesg --boot -1) I see that it always ends with the
following two lines when the issue is seen.

May 29 07:12:40 matrix kernel: PM: suspend entry (deep)
May 29 07:12:40 matrix kernel: Filesystems sync: 0.025 seconds

I wanted to know how do I attempt to debug this issue?

Regards,
Prateek