[arch-general] [arch-gen][flake8] flake8.main.git module no longer available on flake8 v. 1:4.0.1-1, breaking pre-commit flake8 hooks

Javier je-vv at e.email
Thu Nov 4 05:29:32 UTC 2021

Today I upgraded the system, and got a new flake8 version:

> [2021-11-03T02:29:18-0600] [ALPM] upgraded flake8 (1:3.9.2-2 -> 1:4.0.1-1)

However that version no longer provides the flake8.main.git module, therefore now I get a failure when trying to commit something (using the flake8 pre-commit hook the work project uses):

> % git ci --amend
>  INFO     | Running hook pre-commit.d/02-check_flake8...
>  ERROR    | Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/vasqueja/scm/hpe/git/provision-sdk/.git/hooks/pre-commit.d/02-check_flake8", line 25, in <module>
>    from flake8.main.git import (config_for, update_excludes,
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'flake8.main.git'
>  ERROR    | Hook pre-commit.d/02-check_flake8 failed. Aborting...

Is there a way to overcome this?  Is there sort of a new packet covering for that functionality?  I don't see any new optional dependency which might have covered for the missing module:

> Depends On      : python-pyflakes  python-mccabe  python-pycodestyle  python-entrypoints
> Optional Deps   : None
> Required By     : python-flake8-polyfill

Thanks !

--
Javier