[arch-general] Why no option to stay with clamav 103 since as a LTS release it will be supported longer then 104?

Fabian Bornschein fabiscafe at mailbox.org
Wed Nov 17 07:43:25 UTC 2021

I think this comes down to a few questions:

1. What are the benefits of it?
2. Who's going to package,test,maintain it?
3. Who's going to use it?
4. Will this potentially require to keep older versions of dependencies
in the repos at some point?
5. What is the optimal upgrade path of it? (LTS -> LTS, when new LTS is
released? Stay on 103 until it's EOL? …?)

For 3. I see that there is no AUR package (or I coudn't find it). This
looks like low interest.
Please don't get me wrong here, I'm not against it. Someone needs to
make this happen and there should be enough interest to balance out the
effort (even if it would be minimal).