[arch-general] Why no option to stay with clamav 103 since as a LTS release it will be supported longer then 104?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Nov 17 09:31:52 UTC 2021

On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 02:53:08 -0600, David C. Rankin via arch-general
wrote:
>> 5. What is the optimal upgrade path of it? (LTS -> LTS, when new LTS
>> is released? Stay on 103 until it's EOL? …?)
>
>The packages are interchangeable. At the end of the 5 year support
>period, the user can simply transition to the next LTS release.

The question probably is, if there's only one clamav release available.

For the kernels there are 6 LTS releases available:

longterm: 	5.10.79
longterm: 	5.4.160
longterm: 	4.19.217
longterm: 	4.14.255
longterm: 	4.9.290
longterm: 	4.4.292

core/linux-lts is 5.10.79-1.

For several reasons I stay with 4.19 LTS kernels. For some use cases I
could use 5.4 LTS kernels, but kernels > 5.4 are no option for my
machine and usage.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ uname -rm
4.19.217-rt95-0.1000 x86_64

IOW if more than one clamav LTS should exist, what choice to do for
packaging.