[arch-general] linux 5.15.2.arch1-1, xorg and nouveau - flickering

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Fri Nov 19 15:37:47 UTC 2021

On 11/19/21 10:22 AM, Łukasz Michalski via arch-general wrote:
> Hi,
>
> All xorg apps that use hardware acceleration (i.e. chrome, skype)
> filcker on current kernel 5.15.2.
>
> lspci lists my graphic card as : NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX
> 1060 6GB] (rev a1)
> I am using stock nouveau driver.
>
> Reverting to linux-lts fixes this problem.

There's a bug open about other graphics-related issues that numerous
people have been having with the 5.15.2 kernel.
(https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/72752)  I'm not sure if that issue is
related to yours, as you're using nvidia and that bug seems to be
affecting intel Iris graphics users.  But I don't think anyone's pinned
down the source of that bug yet, so it could be a kernel-wide issue
rather than affecting only intel.

DR